How the Banking System worked/works
- How did the Banking System come into existence?
- What can cause the Banking System to break down?
- How do interest rates affect the money supply?
How the Gold Standard Worked
- What restrictions did the Gold Standard impose on member countries?
- How did the Gold Standard benefit world trade?
- How did the Gold Standard limit gov’t spending?
- Why did the Gold Standard control inflation so well?
- Why did the Gold Standard make it hard to create jobs?
- Why did the Gold Standard cause economic shocks to transmit rapidly?
- Why did countries abandon the Gold Standard?
Gold Prices Today
- Why is gold a currency?
- Why is gold not a commodity?
- What is the relationship between gold prices and the US dollar?
- What sometimes makes gold attractive to hold?
- What exposure do you obtain from buying/selling gold?
- Is gold really an inflation hedge?
- Holding levered ETFs past 1 day may not give you the returns you expect
- What are the mechanics of a levered ETF?
- How is holding a levered ETF different from just levering the underlying yourself?
- How the payoff of a levered ETF depends upon its path and holding period
- How the payoff of a levered ETF depends upon volatility and amount of leverage
- Investors in levered short treasury ETFs may be setting themselves up for disaster (Pt1)
- Investors in levered short treasury ETFs may be setting themselves up for disaster (Pt2)
- Levered short treasury ETF (TBT) performance simulation model
- Performance simulation models for popular ETFs